Wednesday, May 17, 2006

FitzBlog : Please Stay Out Of The Database!!!

I am a Sharepoint Object Model fan...

I find it very well designed, and thought.

A little old posting, but worth to check:
FitzBlog : Please Stay Out Of The Database!!!

Even I touched the database "sparingly" in crisis cases, like for version upgrade after a disaster, I agree with most of the points there. The fact that there is a caching layer between sharepoint and the database makes it even riskier.

However, I also think that, ideally, for an enterprise product, it should either be NOT possible at all, or not be an issue. SQL server is capable of handling locks, isn't it?

I posted my comments there, I was wondering what would be the best way to determine weather a 3rd party web part uses direct database approach...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home